Bottom of Page
Last revised: February 6, 2015
BY USING THE SITE, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THIS POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THE PROVISIONS OF THIS POLICY, INCLUDING ANY SUBSEQUENT CHANGES TO THIS POLICY AS DESCRIBED BELOW, DO NOT USE THE SITE. IN ADDITION, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SITE IF YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD.
THIS POLICY APPLIES ONLY TO THE SITE AND RELATED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRIVACY POLICIES OR SECURITY PRACTICES OF ANY WEBSITES CONTROLLED BY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING WEBSITES LINKED TO ON THE SITE.
AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION COMPANY MAY REVISE, REPLACE OR OTHERWISE CHANGE THIS POLICY. YOU SHOULD PERIODICALLY REVIEW THIS PAGE TO EXAMINE THE THEN-CURRENT POLICY. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF SUCH CHANGES.
Information about our Users is an important part of our business and we strive to respect and secure that information as outlined in this Policy. We do not share your personal information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional purposes without your consent.
In order to provide the best User experience, ensure full functionality of our products and services, and otherwise carry out our business activities, we may collect, share and use your personal information as described below.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in a range of ways.
• Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us. In addition, to access certain products or services, we may require additional information, such as date of birth or other verification information.
• Information from Use of Products and Services. We may also collect information through your use of our products and services, including information regarding your usage activity and any other information necessary for us to provide our services, and related billing information. For Users of our field products, we also collect and maintain data regarding your facilities, including facility name, farm data, field measurements, location, crop types, soil types, production and watering practices. We also maintain information regarding prior purchases and your inventory of Company products. For Users who have requested our assistance in establishing a cellular data plan with a cellular carrier, we may also collect and maintain your cellular plan information, including costs and data usage.
• Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting the Site, we log your computer operating system type, IP address, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to the Site, pages you view, how long you spend on a page, access times and information about your activity on the Site.
• Mobile Devices. If you access the Site or our products and services through a mobile device, we may collect information relating to your mobile device, including phone number, device identifier, type, operating system, or other applications as permitted by the mobile device. Some of our products and services require or function best when we are able to take into account your location. Although most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services, you should be aware that the functionality of Company products and services may be limited or unavailable without location services enabled.
• Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources and may add this to other information we obtain.
• Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience to meet your interests and needs.
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT OR SOLICIT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 OR KNOWINGLY ALLOW SUCH PERSONS TO USE THE SITE OR REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT (“ACCOUNT”). IF YOU ARE UNDER 18, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER OR SEND US ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF. If we learn that we have collected personal information from anyone under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will attempt to delete such information as soon as possible. If you are aware that we have any such information or that anyone under 18 has provided us such information, please contact us at the address listed at the end of this Policy.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information:
• to operate, maintain, and improve our Site, products, and services;
• to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
• to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
• to link or combine User information with other personal information;
• to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
• to provide and deliver products and services User requests; and
• to make subsequent Site access easier for you or customize the Site for you.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
• Third-Party Service Providers. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf and to help us manage our business activities. For example, we may engage third parties to assist with procurement, manufacturing, warehousing, packaging, shipping, data storage and data analysis, billing and payment processing, customer support, and other activities. We may share personal information with these parties to enable them to perform their functions, but we do not permit them to use your personal information for other purposes.
• Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, User information is often one of the business assets that is transferred. In addition, if Company or its assets are acquired, or if Company undergoes a financing, merger or similar transaction, or goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, User information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred to a third party. You acknowledge that such transfer may occur and that any acquirer of Company or its assets may continue to use your personal information as described in this Policy.
• User Profile and Submissions. Certain profile information, including your name, location, image or other content that you have uploaded to the Site, may be displayed to other Users to facilitate interaction or to provide support. You are solely responsible for any content you upload to your User profile, as well as any personal information you voluntarily disclose on-line where others may access that information.
• Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control. As we develop our business we may work closely with other businesses and may enable those businesses to sell products or services to you through the Site. We may also work jointly with other businesses to provide products or services to you. In order to facilitate the provision of such products or services, we may share your personal information with such third parties.
• Advertising. We may allow advertisers to choose the demographic information of Users who see their advertisements. For example, we may allow an advertiser to target ads based on your query history, or may enable a web beacon to provide anonymized, aggregated date for us or advertisers. However, without your consent we will not share information with advertisers that would identify you personally.
• With Your Consent. We may share your personal information with other parties if we receive your consent.
In addition to the sharing of personal information described above, as a part of our business we may provide aggregated and/or anonymized data, with or without compensation, to third parties for their own use. Such statistical data can be valuable to us or third parties in understanding the market, developing new products and services that may be of interest to Users, and providing Users with an improved customer experience. We do not disclose such aggregated data in a manner that, in and of itself, would identify you personally or the location or identity of your farm or other facilities; however if you have provided other identifying information directly to such third parties or if other identifying information is publicly available, it may be possible for a third party to use aggregated data to infer your identity or the location and identity of your farm or other facilities.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with 24/7 access to your Account. However, outages, equipment failures, updates and maintenance may result in temporary or prolonged periods without access. We have no obligation to keep your personal information for any particular period and may delete your personal information at any time. However, in order to provide our services and as a convenience for Users of the Site, we generally anticipate maintaining personal information for at least 2 years.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
We take the security of your information seriously and have taken commercially reasonable steps to help ensure that your personal information remains secure. For all personal information transmitted to or from Company, we use professional data transmission and storage firms that follow industry standards and have experience in the secure transmission and storage of data.
In particular, we understand that some Users may have concerns about use of credit cards to purchase Company products and services online. For orders placed on our Site, we use a technology that automatically encrypts credit card data while information is transmitted over the internet, provided that your browser supports the Secure Socket Layer protocol (SSL). We do not store your complete credit card number or security code in our records, and only keep the last 4 digits and the expiration date if needed for verification or subsequent purchases. Only the last 4 digits of your credit card will be displayed on any receipt or purchase confirmation.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your Account or updating any of your personal information. In order to assist us, we ask that you protect against unauthorized access of your Account and personal information. You should never share your password and login information with anyone else. If you have enabled cookies, browser password retention, or automatic login features, you should protect your electronic device with a secure password so that if your device is lost or stolen your Account will not be compromised. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Despite your and our efforts and any safeguards we may put in place, you should be aware that no form of data storage and transmission, whether in physical or electronic form, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Unauthorized access, hardware or software weaknesses or failures, and other factors may compromise the security of personal information. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Company, and you do so at your own risk. There is also no guarantee that your personal information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If we learn of a security breach of our data transmission or storage systems we may attempt to notify you electronically or post a notice on the Site so that you can take protective steps.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 you have the right to request from us once a year, free of charge, a description of any personal information we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, including the categories of personal information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared such information. If you do not want your name and contact information to be shared with third parties, you may notify us in writing at the contact address below.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your Account and our business dealings with you or support issues related to your use of our products and services.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from the Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect the functionality of the Site or our products and services.
CONTACT INFORMATION. For any issues regarding this Policy you may contact us at:
Attn: Compliance Officer
3945 Freedom Circle, Suite 540
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Top of Page